Thursday, June 14, 2007

Painting Party

I was planning to have my best friend, (my ditz in crime) over to help me paint my room today. But when I called her house, I found out that she had left on a vacation without telling me. Oh well, I thought. I'll just call my other friend and see if she can come over. But she told me she was doing summer PE for extra credit when she goes to school next year. Thanks Good Friend. I decided to call yet another friend and see if she was too busy to have a little mercy on me. "Oh, I'm sorry," she said "I'm leaving for Tennessee tomorrow." Pshhhh, some friends I have. SO GUESS WHAT? I had my very own painting party with...MYSELF!!! Oh man, was that fun.

1. I stripped the border from the wall, all by myself.
2. I placed tape all around the wooden edging, all by myself.
3. I painted around the doorway, windows, right below the ceiling and right above the wooden edging, where I had put tape, all by myself

I feel like the little red hen...maybe I shouldn't let my friends in my room anymore...because, they didn't help me make it look pretty!

4. I rolled THE WHOLE WALL, all by myself.

Okay, so it was only one of the walls. But it was such exhausting work! And being the perfectionist that I am, I just couldn't seem to make it as flawless as I had planned. I panicked at how in-perfect my work was and decided to stop before I started crying.

To keep me company all through my day's hard work, I listened to a book on tape. My mother and I love listening to audio books while we work. The book that I listened to today was called The Egypt Game. I haven't finished it yet but it's been very interesting so far. It's about 3 boys and 3 girls who find this junk yard with a bunch of stuff that they put together to look like an Egyptian temple. Then they start pretending that they are Egyptians. They play out a bunch of ceremonies and learn how to write hyroglyphics so that they can send secret notes to eachother. It was one of my mom's favorite books when she was my age and she says that it gets very creepy by the end of the book. I'll have to tell you the ending.

Anyway, that was my wonderful painting party with myself. I found myself a much more interesting person than I thought I was. Oh, I guess I didn't mention the part where, when I was tired of listening to The Egypt Game, I sang and talked to myself. There's a lot more to me than people or even I thought! You'll all have to learn that about me when I continue to post random things on this page. :]

<3,
Dee Dee

No comments: