Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Aw, It's All Over

Truth is, I'm not that sad.

OF COURSE I'm gonna miss a lot of it but I feel so light and bubbly without all that PRESSURE. Now I must tell you a little mishap that occurred...

All through the night, while you are dreaming,
Guardian stars will be gently gleaming.
Have no fear, I'll be near you deep in the dark.


That is the Deep in the Dark Reprise. I sang it alone with the lights off and a spotlight on me while Wilbur's sleeping. Notice: That's a very serious song.

When all the lights went off for the blackout, I quickly grabbed my "egg sack" and as I did every night, stuck it to the velcro on the barn. But this time, it didn't stick. It fell off and landed next to Wilbur. I could see that Wilbur just thought, oh well, we'll just have to leave it there. But the lights didn't go on, so she threw it up! And I missed! So it fell again! And she threw it up again! And I finally caught it. And I finally velcroed it on to the barn correctly. A few people in the audience clapped.

Then, just thinking about tossing Charlotte's precious egg sack back and forth like a beach ball, I got a MAJOR GIGGLE ATTACK.

Wilbur: "Are you awake, Charlotte?"

Me: "Ye *giggle* sss! *giggle"

(A few people in the audience snickered.)

Wilbur: "Oh, what's that nifty little thing? Is it something to play with?"

That's when I died.

Me: "Certainly *giggle* not! *giggle*" But, you can play toss with it sometimes!

More people in the audience began to giggle along with me.

I knew I had to pull this together. Clearing my mind of the humor, I took a deep breath and became the serious, tired from giving birth to 514 eggs, about to die, Charlotte I was supposed to be playing.

Later on in the lobby after the show, a random woman came up to me and said that she had gotten the giggles during her wedding and that she admired me for being able to stop as she had been unable to! I think I'm jinxed now. On my wedding day, I'll probably remember the egg sack incident and start laughing hysterically!

5 comments:

Traci said...

*giggles* GOOD job on pulling it together!

Erin said...

That was sooooo funny to read. :D

Hannah said...

Hi, Im Hannah. I am a actress also, and i'm homeschooled. There was a recent production of Charlotte's Wed where i live, but unfortunatly i didnt have the time to audition or take part.

Your blog is very cool!!

Bethany said...

Hey sister!
Reading your entry was very funny, I can see you having a giggle attack! I hope you enjoyed seeing the Nutcracker the other night. It was great having you there with all your friends. Miss you dear one!

Love,
Bethany

Anonymous said...

Sure enjoyed reading this---best of all was being there to see all that! You did do a magnificent job of pulling out of the giggles!! Love, Grandma W.