Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Return of the Drama Ditz

WELL.


It's been a while. Five MONTHS in fact. What have I been DOING one might wonder? I really don't know where to start!

If you have read my mom's blog lately, you'll see that I was in a whole other show since I last posted something. That would be Godspell. And NOW, I'm currently playing a milkmaid/dancer in Oliver. I'll tell you about Oliver first!

If you've seen the movie, there's a song called "Who Will Buy?" which is like a round between a bunch of merchants trying to sell their products. It begins with the two rose sellers singing, "Who will buy my sweet red roses?" And then two other girls and I come in as milkmaids singing, "Any milk today mistress?" Then there's the strawberry seller, knife grinder, etc. It's a really cool number!

We learned the big dance number "Consider Yourself" last weekend. The directors say this is the number that the audience is going to walk away, still in AWE from. :P We have a hundred and two kids in our cast. That is the biggest cast we've ever had. So I think the audience probably WILL be in awe when they see so many kids on stage, singing at the top of their lungs and doing an energetic dance at the same time!

The dancers have also learned the dance to "It's A Fine Life". (A song the role Nancy sings in a bar.) As of right now, it's my favorite number. At the beginning, Nancy is singing to Bill Sykes and is serving him gin and food, and in the backround, all of us dancers are supposed to be getting nice and "drunk". We have assigned dance partners, and I was put with one of my best friends, Jo-Jo. Now, the funny thing is, we are assigned to think up our own characters and write a character biography for our directors, and Jo-Jo already decided he was going to be the town drunk. SO not only is he going to be really drunk at the beginning of the song, before we dance, but he's ALSO going to be staggering around while we're dancing. The directors approved that he is the only one who is allowed to act OVERLY drunk. And since he is one of my best friends, I'm going to have a blast trying to dance with him. ;)

Now, I'm sure you've also read about our current status in moving in my mom's blog. We've been looking at dozens of houses. I've picked out the one I want, but the rest of my siblings aren't too sure about it.

I decided that I wanted to have the basement bedroom in our new house. Since it looks like no matter what house we choose, we'll have to put an extra room in the basement. That way I'll get my own bathroom and a lot of space. The house that I picked out not only has a huge, GORGEOUS bathroom, but it also has a cute little kitchen space! So basically, I'd have my own little apartment. :)

On the other hand, that means that the three oldest boys in my family would have to share a room upstairs. BUT IT'S A BIG ROOM. It's 36'x14'. And my parents are talking about adding walls in the room so all three of them would have their own little space.

So anyway, it's all still up in the air. And we're going to look at some more this Sunday.

I plan to keep up with my blogging now. I was behind in school for a while, so I had to catch up with myself. I also had a lot of theater stuff to work on and we were painting/cleaning the house. Spring break gave me a week to get caught up in my life, and I hope it can stay that way and I can blog more regularly!

I apologize to my hundreds of readers two or three readers for the long AGONIZING wait to see what the exciting Drama Ditz is up to. ;)

4 comments:

Erin said...

Woo-hoo! You're back! :)

Oliver is such a fun show. It was my first show, actually, so I have a special fondness for it. I was only 10 so I was just in two orphanage numbers at the beginning...but oh what fun I had!

I hope your house hunt is settled soon.

Traci said...

So glad to hear from you!

I absolutely love the movie, Oliver and the show is even better! ;) I saw Erin in it, but it was a long time ago. All I remember is the song, "it's a fine life."

That is so cool about your house and your future house (hopefully)
!! I'm hoping that that will be us soon... ;)

Great to hear from you!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are back!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just looked on impulse & was so glad to read about your role in upcoming "Oliver"! We want to come & see it, too, although, of course, we're wondering how that will fit with the move.....Keep us posted, hey? Love, Grandma W.