Monday, October 15, 2007

Wow, She's Still Alive!

Okay, first of all.... I AM SO SORRY I HAVEN'T WRITTEN IN FOREVER!!!!!!!! I have just been busy OUT OF MY MIND for the past month with memorizing lines and keeping up with school, that I just ran out of time for blogging! SO, updates on the show everyone!

Uh, basically, CHARLOTTE'S WEB OPENS THIS THURSDAY. And I haven't told you guys anything about it except the few first rehearsals. So, again, I'm soooooo sorry! But anyways, this show has gone by so fast, I'm still dizzy! Tonight is the first dress rehearsal and I am just now realizing that I am going to be singing in front of 600 people during these shows! And whenever I think about that, my stomach does this humongous flip and then butterflies start swarming everywhere inside me. Gahhhhhhhhh!

So in other words, I'm very nervous. I'm having to practice my lines 3 times a day while wearing my spider's arms so I can figure out movements for them. (Man, are my arms going to get nice and strong from having them up ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE SHOW.)

Now, two weekends ago, my mom watched the whole show and saw what I was doing with my part. I was proud with what I had done that day. So when I had jumped into the car after rehearsal, I immediately asked how I had done. (Of course, I was expecting praise.) But my mom didn't give me any. She told me everything that I did wrong and what I had to work on that night before the next morning. I, then, of course was really upset and thought all that emotional teenager stuff about how I have the worst mom and I couldn't believe what she was saying. But, deep down I decided I would work really hard that night and blow everyone out of their minds the next day.

My hard work paid off! When the audience first meets me, it's after Wilbur has been crying and saying how lonely he was and that he misses Fern. Then I say, "Do you want a friend, Wilbur?" And as I said it, that rehearsal, I raised all 6 of my arms up and said it loud and clearly with a big smile on my face. When my arms had flown up in the air, there was a loud gasp and some of the cast clapped and my directors smiled, and then I knew that my mom was the best mom that I could ever have asked for! 'Cause I had just blown their minds!

Now, as I sit here at this computer, my mom is picking up some make-up products that we need for the show. And soon, I will have to put on my big, black, sparkly, fake eyelashes and metallic, silver eyeshadow!

I am so excited, yet SO NERVOUS. And tonight isn't even a show, it's a dress rehearsal!

I'd love to write more, and I'm sorry this was so short and squished together, but I gotta start warming up my voice and drink hot lemon juice water, then practice my lines another time with my arms on. So I gotta run, and again I'm SO SORRY FOR NOT WRITING BEFORE THIS.

<3,>

4 comments:

Traci said...

*screams* I hope you have an amazing dress rehearsal and I'm sure your performances will be AMAZING! ;)

Erin said...

That was fun to read. :)

You are going to have a BLAST, it sounds like an amazing show, I'm sure you'll do wonderfully, I only wish I could be there to watch!

Anonymous said...

We can hardly wait to see you----see you in the show----and see you! Fun to read about how you found out! The show, and your costume will be fantabulous! Loved the picture your mom already posted of you as a glamorous Charlotte! cu soon Pianomum

Erin said...

Hey! I hope you're feeling better really soon, and are back on top of things for your final performances. Sounds like you've been doing amazingly. :)
Break a leg!