Tuesday, September 25, 2007

You've Heard of Human Cannonballs?

This morning, my brothers and I were reading with my mom. In the middle of her sentence, my mom started laughing. We all looked up to see what she was laughing at and she said, "A chipmunk was running around the deck, and it just crawled into the end of the leaf blower. If someone were to turn the blower on, it'd go flying!"

We all jumped up and looked out onto our backyard deck. "Can I do it mom?!" my 12 year old brother asked eagerly. Sure that the chipmunk would escape first, my mom agreed and we all watched as my brother tiptoed out onto the deck and clicked the "ON" button. The chipmunk shot out like a cannonball, flew across the deck and hit a toy bucket! He scrambled to his feet and zipped away so fast, that we barely saw him go! We sat there laughing for about 10 minutes before we finally got back to our schoolwork.


It was the most exciting thing that happened to me all day. :)

2 comments:

Erin said...

Haha!! That's great!

We are Tommy's Advocates said...

Shall I call PETA now or later? :-)