Thursday, September 20, 2007

Egyptian Writing Assignments

Mara's Room

I pushed open the door to my new chambers. Inside, the first thing I saw was gold. Gold was everywhere! To the right of me was a windowsill where I could lazily perch if I grew weary. Directly next to it was my dressing room with a chest full of silk garments and leather sandals. Then my eyes swerved to the vanity table sitting to the left of me, piled with cosmetics, stone mirrors, jewelry, elaborate wigs and lotuses for my hair. I let out a squeal of delight for my good fortune! I ran to the couch next to it, which was lined with silk and beaded decorations. The low beautifully-carved table in front of me was lined with foods fit for a princess. I plopped some grapes into my mouth and gazed at the most stunning piece of furniture in the room, sitting perfectly centered-the divan on which I was to sleep on every night from here on. The sleek satin gleamed as if beckoning me to come lay on it. The headrest looked newly polished as it sparkled from Ra's smile. I waved my slave girl away, to leave me in peace, that I might satisfy myself with these new surroundings.

(My assignment was to write a descriptive paragraph using spatial order.)

Hequet the Crack-up

In the Eloise Jarvis McGraw's novel, The Golden Goblet, the character that I would most likely be friends with is Hequet. From the author's descriptions, he sounds handsome, easygoing and friendly. Best of all, he's always cracking jokes. What I love about my friends is that they are very humorous and Hequet would fit right in, with his amusing personality. I'd love to hang out with him for a day!

(My assignment was to write a paragraph on the golden goblet with all sentences relating to the topic sentence.)

3 comments:

We are Tommy's Advocates said...

Ooo, ooo . . .take me there . . . I want a slave girl and jewels :-)

Not surprised you picked the handsome boy . . . duh!

Good job!

Erin said...

I remember reading that book - I really liked it! Nice job.

Traci said...

Very good job! I absolutely love the Golden Goblet! It was such a good book! :D