Monday, September 10, 2007

Rehearsals Number One and Two!

What a weekend! Almost 8 hours of rehearsing for Charlotte's Web!


"It's the first rehearsal, and Charlotte's gonna be late!" I pouted on the way there on Friday. "Great impression for the directors."

Phew. We're on time. Everyone was still chatting loudly and drifting from clique to clique. I breathed a sigh of relief. The directors are the late ones!

I saw one of my best friends and ran to her. She gave me a hug and cried, "Ahhh, Charlotte's here!!!" Other people crowded around me and tried to talk all at once and give me hugs. I gave them all hugs and asked how their summer was...etc.

When the directors showed up, everyone sat down and listened to what they had to say to the cast of Charlotte's Web!

Now, before I tell you what happened from here on, I have to write a little something about our directing team: Three words. They. are. spectacular.

The Head Director is from Texas. I've worked with her twice before and I've learned soooo much from her. She's short and very tan with long, wavy, blonde hair. Aaaaand, my favorite part, she has different shoes every time I see her! I have never once seen her wear the same pair of shoes. I'd love to see where she keeps all of them. Anyway, she's pretty and cute and fun!

The Assistant Director is from Hollywood. OHMIGOSH, seriously? Yeah. She is. She had a supporting role on the TV show House and one other show. She's also been an assistant for a very, very big acting coach. Other than her blonde hair she's the complete opposite of the Head Director. She's really tall. And she's skinny-winny! Seriously, she could be a model.

Last but not least: The Music Director. She is from, I am very proud to say, right down the street from where I live. She has been singing all her life. She gives voice lessons and may I just say: she has an AMAZING voice. As well as amazing hair. Her brown hair is incredibly long and just perfectly curled, along with some light blonde highlights. She also has drop-dead gorgeous eyes.

Sigh. Do these directors not sound gorgeous as well as talented?? Alright. Back to the story.

The directors first said all the boring stuff that they have to say. "Hi my name is...," "Welcome back...," "Hope you had a great summer...."

Then they asked us all to go around and say our names and parts we play. Funny story here. First, my 12 year old brother forgot to say his name, and his friend whispered, "Your name!" Misunderstanding, he said out loud, "...and I'm lame?" Next, he tried to say his role, Henry Fussy, Fern's boyfriend. But it came out, "...and I'm playing the role of Freddy Hussy! Uh, I mean Hustle..no. Harry..no." Everyone was about peeing in their pants by then.

When it came to my turn, after I said my name and role, my dear, dear friends, applauded. :] Awwwwwwwww.

Anyway, the rest of the night was probably pretty boring for most people, but I was not one of them. We went through the whole script and...oh lordie, do I have a lot of lines to memorize!


SATURDAY:


The next morning's rehearsal started out with worship. So we sang worship songs and warmed up our voice. Then, we danced.

We danced and danced and danced to the song, "Chin Up" (a song I sing with Wilbur). The sad thing is, I have so much fun learning that dance...and I'm not even going to be doing it in the show! I will be sitting up in the barn loft for the whole thing. But I get to sing the song. :]

Then we learned 5 more songs with our beautiful music director and I had to sing "Charlotte's Lullaby" in front of the whole cast! I thought I'd be nervous, but I had fun with it.

I have to say it again. What a weekend!!!

4 comments:

We are Tommy's Advocates said...

Sounds like you had a great time! BTW, your post is very well written! I give ya an A+! Congrats again!

Traci said...

It sounds so fun!

Erin said...

Your directors sound AMAZING. Everything sounds amazing, actually. Keep the updates coming, I love 'em!!

Anonymous said...

I haven't read your blog for a while, but am so glad I "tuned in" on this date to catch your postings. It's so fun to hear all about the shows & your rehearsals! Love, Pianomum